Thursday, November 20, 2008

"So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, goodbye"


This is my last post ever. After I’m done here I won’t come back. I don’t like having a blog so I won’t continue writing. However, I have to admit that having an English blog didn’t bother me that much. I will explain myself so don’t go away!

The final post is about discussing the advantages and disadvantages of using blogs in the English classroom. This is actually a good opportunity to explain the idea I just told you, so I will begin with the advantages.

As I already said, I don’t like blogs because it’s like showing everybody your personal diary. I don’t feel comfortable writing about myself so anyone can read it. Anyway, this blog actually gave me the chance to talk about many things with all the freedom in the world. I learned that having a blog is a good way of expressing yourself with no embarrassment. This is even more important in an English class because it’s not our language. Having the chance to talk about many topics in English it’s not only great practice but a good thing for expressing ourselves. It even became enjoyable to have the chance to write about a good piece of art or movie. I believe now that using a blog in the English class was a very good way of practicing my English (grammar, sentence structure, etc.) and communicating with my classmates. I actually learned many things by reading my classmates blogs: I learned from their strengths and weaknesses in terms of grammar, spelling, etc.

Despite all that there are some disadvantages, at least in my opinion. Even if writing every week was a very good practice, and I feel I improved considerably I think there should exist also a moment to practice the abilities in oral expression. In classes we’re always talking and expressing ourselves but in an informal kind of way. I think we need an instance to practice more formally our conversation skills. Besides, and as I said at the beginning, I don’t like having a blog because it’s public. It’s not like I published anything personal but I would like it to be private because I don’t feel comfortable with the whole “blog system” (anyone in the world can read and comment your posts). I understand the point of having a blog, but I don’t like them and never would have created one by myself.


That's pretty much it. I guess this is goodbye then. It was actually not that bad! :)

BYE!



P.S: This post's title and image are from "The sound of music" when the kids go to bed. It's silly, I know.

1 comment:

Claudia Varleta said...

Hola, soy dulcinea perdona no haberte respondido antes en mi blog pero estaba de viaje y sin internet la mayor parte del tiempo. Te cuento que el vinagre muchas veces se usa para neutralizar la acidez en este caso tanto del chocolate como del jugo de naranja. Gracias por visitar mi blog y cualquier duda me puedes escribir a cvarleta@yahoo.com
Saludos y me quedo viendo tu blog..